Who We Are

 Home ] The Methodist Story ] [ Who We Are ] Our Church ] Church Activities ] Church Contacts ] Sunday Services ] Weekly News Sheets ] Events around the Church and beyond ] Fairtrade ] TMC's Cafe ] The Church Organ ] Aire and Calder Circuit ] Trinity Mission ]

 

                                                       Introduction
In 1953 the three Circuits in Castleford joined together to form the Castleford Methodist Circuit.  The three town centre Churches at Carlton Street, Bradley Street and Powell Street continued holding services until 1957.  In that year the Rev. J. Roberts was appointed Superintendent Minister and the  three congregations came together and worshipped in Bradley Street. The Church became known as Trinity Methodist Church and was eventually joined by  members from Oxford Street, Smawthorne Lane, Whitwood Mere and Whitwood Churches.
Plans were made to build a completely new church and the site occupied by the Powell Street Church was selected.  The old church which stood on the site for 110 years was demolished and the building of the new church started in 1963.  In April of that year foundation stones were laid.  In April 1964 the new church was opened. 
In the years that followed members have joined with Trinity from Duke Street, Pontefract Road, Temple Street the Glasshoughton Churches and more recently from Townville which closed in 2008, Cutsyke in 2011 and Allerton Bywater in 2013.

 

Ministers who have served Trinity

 

 

Rev. John Roberts 1957 - 1963

 

Rev. Kenneth Payne 1963 - 1972
Rev. Donald Robinson  1972 - 1979
Rev. Gerald Pursehouse 1979 - 1985
Rev. John McCarthy  1985 - 2001
Rev. Ruth Crompton 2001 - 2008

Rev Wayne Grewcock

2008 - 2010

Rev Henry Dubois

2010 - 2014

Rev Andrew Checkley

2014 -  

 

Home ] The Methodist Story ] [ Who We Are ] Our Church ] Church Activities ] Church Contacts ] Sunday Services ] Weekly News Sheets ] Events around the Church and beyond ] Fairtrade ] TMC's Cafe ] The Church Organ ] Aire and Calder Circuit ] Trinity Mission ]